Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fiber Arting Again & Yarn Bombing My House

Hello, everyone. 

It's been about 6 months since I last posted!  I took a break from the fiber artistry for a while; other things had to occupy my time. The move, setting up house, starting a new job. 

The house is fantastic. There is a black wrought iron railing on the upper of the split levels that is just begging to be yarn bombed. The paint scheme is very neutral, so it's a case of anything goes color-wise. I am dragging my crafty friends into the mix, as well. My crochet guru/mentor made a beautiful, bright pink wrap for one post. She added tons of neat geometric shapes and bright colors. It's going to be spectacular when it's finished!

Oh yes, and since I am now a home owner, I have decided to start a small garden. The former owners already have some beautiful flowers planted along the back of the house so I won't be touching those. I am going to add Hostas to the front beds in the spring. 

But yesterday I planted bulbs for Tulips (Queen of Night and Rainbow Mix), Snow Crocus, and Grape Hyacinth. There is a half barrel planter on our back concrete patio, and it seemed like the perfect place to put some flowers. I also found two pots and planted some bulbs in those as well. I am hoping to have some beautiful flowers next spring. I started a gardening journal to keep track of what I plant and where, and will be adding pictures as soon as something blooms. 

In other news: I started a new job. I am contracting at an insurance agency doing data entry, which is something I'm really good at. Eventually I am hoping to become a permanent employee, but I am happy with my current situation.  I am able to listen to my mp3 player while I work, since I don't do any phone work, and I have been listening to Sue Grafton's Kinsey series, and Lilan Jackson Braun's "The Cat Who..." series. Great books!

Last but not least :)  I am working on designing my first knitting pattern!  I am really excited about it.  It all started because I wanted a really simple shrug that I could throw on over a tank top for work, or a strapless top for evening wear. The problem is, there just aren't that many super simple patterns for shrugs; at least none that caught my eye.  

Sooooo, I decided to wing it and write down my notes to make a pattern.  I am hoping to be finished with it in a week or two and have it blocked out so I can take pictures and finish writing the pattern.

I am hoping that it comes out as nifty and what I have envisioned. And hopefully it will be popular enough that others find it easy to work with and fun to make. 

For now, I bid you all adieu, and I promise I will try not to be such a stranger :)  I am considering expanding my craftiness, and hopefully that will lend some fodder for my blog as well :)

Have a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment