Saturday, January 31, 2015

Craftiness, Patterns, and Work!

Good afternoon everyone.  I just realized it's been almost two months since I have posted to my blog. I'm a slacker, I know!

I have been working on three new patterns, which I am hoping to get to the finished stage sooner rather than later. 

I'm working on a crocheted scarf pattern featuring a diamond shaped motif which looks beautiful when made with two different colors of yarn.

There is also a color-charted (not sure of the correct term for this) knitting pattern which I am getting ready to test  knit. I posted about this one last November, but I got caught up knitting my "That Damn Coat" and haven't had a chance to get back to the charted pattern yet. It will be my first knitting pattern with stranded colorwork so I am hoping it turns out well.

The third one is going to be a revamp of my Super Simple FIngerless Gloves on Ravelry. And On This Blog The finished product turns out to be a bit too big, and not snug enough to keep from moving around on the hands. It was my first attempt at fingerless gloves, and I should have tested the pattern more before throwing it up there.

So at some point some errata will be posted, or I'll revise the document and reupload the PDF to the site. I will also post the revamped version here on the blog for those who prefer to get it from this site or don't have a Ravelry account.

I am making some contacts to see about teaching various crochet classes in the near future. There is a semi-annual fiber festival organized by one of my fellow guild members and I may commit to a morning and/or afternoon there teaching a class on one of my patterns. 

Fingers crossed!

No comments:

Post a Comment