Friday, January 25, 2013

Back To Crafty

I picked up the November/December Crochet Today magazine at the local book store. It had some theme to it. 007 New Year's Eve was one of the themes, and I am thinking about trying the Miss Moneypenny Purse. I have never made a purse that had to be sewn onto a frame, so that will be a new experience for me. The pattern itself looks fairly un-complicated.

Miss Moneypenny Purse














Since I have a fondness for purses and handbags however, I decided to start with the Solistice Tote on page 75. I will have to post pics when mine is finished, but here is a picture of it that I found on google. The base of the bag is very easy to make, it's mostly dc in the round. The ruffles are a little more difficult, so I'll try to post some tips/hints when I am done, that might make it easier for others to put it together.

Solstice Tote













My bag base is yellow, and I chose Yarn Bee ruffle yarn in the color Pipevine Swallowtail. It reminded me of Mardi Gras colors. It goes has yellow, blue, green, purple, and it's run through with gold metallic trim. I think I will like it once it is finished.





This is the base and the first round of ruffles.


The third and last thing I am going to make from this issue is a Tunisian scarf. I have been wanting to expand upon my skills with a Tunisian hook and I think that this would be a great way for me to do that. I'll need to buy a hook in the right size, but the stitch seems like it's easy enough to learn. It's on the back burner a little, because regular crochet is my first love/hobby.

Oh! And an update on the teaching status!  I met with the gentleman who coordinates classes and I have filed all of the necessary paperwork with them, so I should be receiving a packet in which to fill out my class information and materials list, etc.

Have a shiny day, everyone :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment