Saturday, September 27, 2014

I Was So Focused On The Weekly Numbers---

...that I just this morning realized that I am only 2.5 pounds away from hitting the 70lbs lost mark!!!

Sometimes I get wrapped up in "Did I lose this week or not?" and "How are all the ways I messed up today?", and I forget about the big picture.


  • Like dropping 6 jeans sizes (I was a 32 when I was 384 lbs, now I'm a 26).
  • Like barely being able to finish 1 taco at Rudy's (I used to be able to polish off TWO (huge) tacos AND three sodas)
  • Like being able to play tennis for an hour and a half at a time (instead of the 20 minutes I barely made it through before).
  • Like not complaining about walking all over a large department store such as Target or walking up the hill at one of the places we visit. (I used to refuse to get out of the car if I thought I'd be doing 'too much walking'.)

All these milestones that took place over the last couple of years, and most recently over the last 6 months...and some days I'm more concerned about where that one pound increase came from on the scale.

Time for some perspective. emoticon

emoticon
emoticon

No comments:

Post a Comment