Tuesday, June 23, 2015

California Photo Album Day 1

We got back from California on Wednesday the 17th. It was a bit of a grueling trip home. We had to drop off the rental car and then take the shuttle to the airport, where we sat for several hours before boarding the plane. Mainly, I think the trip home was worse because the excitement of going on vacation was over and done.  The flight back was slightly longer due to our lay over being in Detroit instead of Minneapolis.

The plane landed in Cedar Rapids at about 8:50pm so we all ended up getting home around 9:30pm after picking up our luggage and finding the car in long term parking. It was a nice change of pace being able to get somewhere in 20 minutes or less.

I wanted to share some of the photos of wonderful California scenery I took while Westward.

A Magnolia blossom. I haven't seen one in years.

The Welcome to LA sign just outside the airport terminal.

A friendly turtle living in the lagoon at our Santa Barbara hotel

Sunning themselves in Sunny Santa Barbara

A water lily floating lazily in the lagoon.

A tern, walking in the waves, and looking for dinner at Leadbetter Beach.

I always wondered what a Sea Grape looked like. Warning: Does not takes like grapes!

At Stearn's Wharf is the Longboard Grill. Delicious margaritas and food.

Nobody goes hungry at the Longboard Grill at Stearn's Wharf!
There were also a number of lovely shops on the wharf including a rather scrumptious truffle shop where I indulged my inner chocolate-lover with a variety of delectable goodies. The coconut cream truffles were one of my favorites!

That wraps up Day 1 of my California Adventure! Stay tuned for a Day 2 excerpt coming in the very near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment