Friday, June 5, 2015

Quick and Easy Taco Bagels

Good morning, Readers!
I am back again with another quick and easy recipe.

Last night we had tacos for dinner, and there was still a third of a pan of taco mix left over. Obviously I didn't want to just throw it all out, that would be a huge waste. So today I decided to see if I could repeat my delicious bagel recipe from last week with a taco twist.

(Serves 1 adult or 2 kids)

What You Need!

1 bagel (I used Hy-vee Bakery Asiago)
1/2c to 3/4c taco mix, reheated in the microwave (whatever you normally fill your taco shells with will do nicely)
Cheese (I used Hy-vee brand Taco blend)
Salsa/Sour Cream to garnish - optional (I had none on hand so there is none in my recipe)
















What You Do!

1. Slice the bagel (if not pre-sliced) and as we did with the pizza recipe, gently pull out some of the bread inside.

2. Toast the bagel, pre-heat the broiler (you can also use the microwave if you wish), AND microwave the taco mix for about 2 minutes.

3. Once the bagel is toasted, put approximately 1/4c taco mix into each bagel half. Use more or less depending on preference and bagel size.

4. Top with cheese. You can use shredded or sliced cheese. I used about 2 TBSP shredded on each bagel half.

5. Put the two halves on a cookie sheet and put that bad boy under the broiler for about 2 minutes.
Broilers can quickly burn food which I found out the hard way, so be sure to check on it frequently.

6. Top with salsa, sour cream, or whatever taco garnish you prefer.

7. Enjoy!
















Taco Mix is whatever filling you like to put in your tacos. The mix I used this time consisted of the following:
1 lb lean ground beef
1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
Minced onion, cumin, paprika, chili powder, garlic powder, italian seasoning, and poultry seasoning to taste.
I added chopped onions and sliced black olives to mine as well right before spooning into the taco shells.

Have a shiny and delicious day!



No comments:

Post a Comment