Saturday, December 15, 2012

Randomness

I've been wearing the Super Simple Fingerless Gloves, and I think that I may need to tweak the pattern a little bit and do an errata for it.

They still wear well, but I've noticed (and perhaps this is simply to do with the particular yarn) that they are getting a little looser than I would like. I prefer a snug fit, which they were when I first made them.

I am going to try running them through the washing machine first to see if that solves the issue. If you made these and used a non-wool or a superwash then you can try the same thing if you've noticed an issue.

So a tweaked version may be forthcoming in the near future. I will be using a different yarn, still bulky #5, but a different brand and fiber content.

---

In other news, I worked 12 hours yesterday, unexpectedly. I'm scheduled for another 8 today, 8 tomorrow, and then 5 on Monday. On the upside, I will have some additional funding for both holiday gifts AND for the 221b swap I am participating in on Ravelry <3 p="p">
---

In other other news, I am completely and hopelessly in love with Downton Abbey and even rejoined the DVD portion of Netflix so I could get series 2 without having to wait for it or buy it outright lol. The wait at my library was loooong. I would have been 30th in line for it!  But there was no wait on Netflix's copies so there ya go. I will hopefully by Tuesday (my day off!) be marathoning my way through series two.

---

I have plans to get the etsy store up and running again, so stay tuned for more on that front. My etsy and IRL (In Real Life) business is V Studios. I haven't done a ton with it lately, due to time constraints and other focuses, but I'd like to. I find myself crocheting things for the love of it, but I only need so many scarves, hats, purses, etc.

My mother runs a booth at a market in Florida, so she has taken on some of my stock and is going to see if she can sell some of it for me. I am hoping she is successful, especially in her own venture which is hand dyed/painted silks and henna art.
---

Well, I am off to work soon. Have a wonderful week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment