Saturday, November 3, 2012

NaNo Day 2 and Rambling Through Websites

I wanted to take a second to tell you about this fantastic site I have been ambling my way through for the last 45 minutes: 17 Apart.

Someone on FaceBook linked to a bit of information about planting kitchen scraps to re-grow vegetables. So I followed the link because I live in an apartment, and therefore can't dig up the yard to make a proper garden. I do however, have a plethora of empty mason jars and tin cans!

The blog owner has posted all kinds of fascinating information on regrowing celery, onions, potatoes, avocadoes, etc. So much great information. And for those of you who own dogs, they even post some recipes for natural treats and dog chews. 

Here are the specific links I read up on. It's hard to pull myself away now! I happen to have a sweet potato or two that just might work for an indoor container garden. <3  (Links will open in a new window)

Growing Celery Indoors
Sweet Potatoes
Green Onions

-

In other news, I am thrilled to announce that my NaNo novel is coming along nicely. I sit comfortably at 4,181 words. Just enough over the day's needed word count that tomorrow won't be a rush to catch up. Tomorrow's word count is 5,001. I'm hoping that perhaps the phones at work won't be too overly busy, and I can do a couple of five-minute sprints to up my count.

If you have never participated in NaNoWriMo, you should give it a try! Especially if you're a writer of any sort. It can be a really fun way to meet new people and challenge yourself. There is still plenty of time to get started and cross the finish line by midnight on November 30th :)

NaNoWriMo Site
 -

Well, I am off for now. Tomorrow or Sunday I will have a Crafty Thing to share with you all. I finished a short project I was working on. One that is functional and very useful, especially in the kitchen. No, not another potholder pattern ;-)

You'll just have to wait and see. 

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment