Wednesday, November 7, 2012

NaNo Day 7

Seven days into NaNoWriMo. I'm behind by about 1500 words, which doesn't surprise me. I usually work best under pressure, so if I skip a day I tend to write better the following day in my efforts to catch up.
My novel currently stands at 10,154 words. The main character works for a research firm that specializes in hunting down lost objects. That is one of the subplots however. The main plot is a box which she finds buried in the backyard of the house she rents.

There she is, minding her own business, digging a hole to plant a tree when suddenly her shovel hits something solid. It turns out to be a cedar box, buried decades before by a girl who used to live in the house. Being the curious type that she is, and since she works for a firm specializing in tracking things down, Gloria (the MC) decides to follow the clues and see where they lead her. Should be fun. I have no idea what is going to happen next!

-
In other news, I've been working on a shell stitch scarf since Winter Is Coming. (I said that in Sean Bean's voice, just so you know). I have about twelve more inches to crochet before I finish it off. I'm using Jojoland Tonic yarn. 85% Acrylic, 15% Wool. Interestingly enough, I just realized that Jojoland makes the sock yarn I will be using for a knitted shawl called WingSpan. I'm still practicing making the knitted stitches even, so I'm not quite ready for that yet.

When the scarf is finished (hopefully tomorrow), I am going to make a pair of half-finger gloves. They're not really fingerless gloves because there's a partial finger there, but they're not really real gloves either...because there's a partial fnger there :-)  Should be cute when they are finished.

Also on the list of arts & crafts is FINISHING my currently unfinished projects. When the scarf and gloves are done, I am going to finish the LionBrand shrug, and both of the Tunisian sampler shrugs. Rawr. "I'm right on top of that, Rose!" (<---Don't Tell Mom The Babysitter's Dead reference)
-

I think that about sums it up for now. NaNo and Crochet. Oh yeah, and reading The Hobbit. Currently Bilbo & Co are hauling ass out of the mountains to escape some goblins who kidnapped them in the middle of the night. Scary stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment