Wednesday, November 28, 2012

A Teacher is Me

I mailed in my application to the local community college today. They have a continuing education department that offers all kinds of awesome classes. Aside from the types of continuing education that doctors, nurses, etc, require for licensing, they also offer things like foreign languages, art, pottery, crochet, soap making, etc. 

The woman who taught me how to crochet mentioned that the college was looking for someone to teach beginning crochet in the neighboring town. She herself doesn't have the time in her schedule for it, so she recommended I apply.  And I did.

Hopefully I will be able to get an ad for two classes in the next catalog. If I am successful, then I will begin teaching Beginning Crochet in April of 2013. :-)  *crosses fingers*

This could be a great opportunity for me in many ways. If someone had told me three years ago that I'd be volunteering to get up in front of a bunch of strangers to teach a class or demonstrate anything I would have said they were in need of professional help. It's just not the kind of thing I would do.  I've been forcing myself out of my comfort zone a lot over the last year though. It's kind of amazing that I've been able to adjust after 20+ years of being one particular way. 

Anyway, that's about it for me. It's almost 1AM here, so I should probably head to bed!  I have an article to finish tomorrow. I am 290 words short, and out of ideas for today. 

Have a fantastic week.

No comments:

Post a Comment