Thursday, May 28, 2015

Productivity Goals Are Important!

Good morning, readers!
It is Thursday, 11:02 AM, and I am just getting around to starting my day. Well, not "starting my day", since I got up at 9, but I'm finally ready to leave the house and be productive!
Go me.

I decided earlier in the week that some productivity goals are in order. I have been working at home now for nearly a month, and sort of treated it like a semi-vacation for the first three weeks. But now, it's time to get down to the business of writing and doing the other things I decided I would do if I had more free time.

Writing Goals

I have to edit 10 pages per day AND write 1500 new words per day.

If I am not doing any editing, then I have to write 3500 new words per day.

If I am not doing any new writing, then  I have to edit 20 pages per day..

The idea is that I should be filling a significant chunk of my days with writing-related activities.  These goals will be tweaked as needed so that they remain a slight challenge, while also being realistic to reach.

Exercise Goals

I have to do 30-60 minutes of exercise every week day. If all I'm doing is cardio on the treadmill then I will aim for closer to 60. If I am doing a more intense work out then I will aim for between 30 and 60. 

I recently purchased a beginner level "10 Minute Solution: Kickboxing" DVD and plan to use this on alternating days.

Housework

Can't neglect house work, can we? I made a schedule of which chores need to be done and split them up so that I'm not spending any one complete date cleaning from top to bottom.  This is oddly the easiest one for me so far. I found that I actually kind of like cleaning the house, because at the end of it, I have a clean house that looks pretty fantastic.

Go me.

Have a shiny day, kids! 

No comments:

Post a Comment